Question
Posted by: Pixie | 2013/08/27

Q.

Does an HSG improve chances of conceiving

Hi GD I am scheduled for a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) on Monday 2nd Sept. I have read a lot of info on the internet that lots of women end up pregnant shortly afterwards... can having an HSG improve your chances of conception? I know it might not happen for everyone but I am just wondering if there is any truth to this. I am due to ovulate on the weekend of the 6th/7th Sept (seeing fert expert on 6th) - so is this a good period for me to ttc?

Expert's Reply

A.

- 2013/08/27

An HSG is a  test to check your tubes. It does not improve the chances of falling pregnant. It is good to ttc around your ovulation time.

Want to comment?