Question
Posted by: Tonia | 2017/11/21

Cushing's syndrome

i have a lump at the back of my neck and for the past few days i have experienced serious back pains the lump comes and goes and always seems to re-appear when im stressed out.. i dont have any other symptoms related to cushings syndrome. i thought it could be a lymphoma comparing what i have and the pictures ive seen on the internet...ive had lymphoma the fat type and had it surgically removed. its not painfull at all but knowing its there is really uncomfortable should this be a cause for concern?? do i need to see a family Dr or a specific specialist??

- 2017/11/23

It might be a neck muscle spasm, especially because you report that it comes and goes. A lump will not appear and disappear. I suggest that you go to the GP for an examination. If he finds that it is more likely a muscle spasm, then he can refer you to a physio for treatment. If not, and it is a lump, then he can refer you for the necessary tests. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.