Question
Posted by: Ariel | 2008/09/01

9month old Pregnant Kitten

Our cat went on heat when only 7 months old. She is now pregnant and I suspect that she will give birth soon though Im not sure. Her stomach may just look big coz her body is still so tiny.
She has started to urinate on our bed lately which I think is just a natural reaction to her mounting anxiety. Today she spotted blood on the bed and now Im really concerned. We put a box with an old towel in inside our one closet and she loves it there.
Is there a reason for the blood spotting? Also can you help me with any signs of caution we should look out for and any tips on taking better care of her and putting her at ease?
Thank you.

Dear Ariel

They normally carry for 63 days. The blood spotting can be bladder infection, fits in with the urinating on the bed. Best to have her checked.

2
Posted by: WR | 2008/09/03

32 - 33 WEEKS!??!?!?!?! Check your information again

Ariel, get your cat to a Vet. Ask him all these questions. Let the cat deliver in peace and quiet.
People should stop " sitting by their pets while in labour and talking blah blah blah!!!" 
Check in every now and again, but for heaven' s sake..... They are usually MORE than capable of doing / going through this whole process alone - personally i think they prefer it. Make sure they' ve got food and water etc and that they are doing well. that' s it.

Reply to WR
Posted by: B | 2008/09/02

I am not 100% sure but cat usally carry for 32-33 weeks. The spotting means time is close if not labour. I used to put a warmwater bottle in the cuboard under the towel, the heat seemed to help a bit. Just sit by her side and talk to her. When the babies start to suckle try and give her some chicken livers or raw mince. helps with the milk supple and give her her strenght back.

Reply to B