Question
Posted by: Lizelle | 2010/11/23

94.7 cycle race

My husband and I did the 94.7 cycle race on Sunday - we''ve done quite a few races this year so we are used to the distance, and I finished the race in 03h27. I know it was extremely hot, but I''ve had a headache on and off since Sunday after the race. If I take something like Grandpa or Disprin it will help for a while, but it before long the headache is back. I''ve been waking up with a pounding headache Monday and Tuesday, and still has a headache. Could this be from the heat and also because I really pushed very hard during the race - and it will eventually get better? Thanks

Hallo Lizelle
Heat exhaustion going into heat stroke can cause headache but will also cause dizziness, muscle cramps, high temperature, palpitations, first sweating and then dry hot skin, disorientation. Your headache could be due to muscle spasm in your upper shoulders or neck. If normal painkillers do not work you should rather let your doctor check it out.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/24

Hallo Lizelle
dr Bets

Posted by: lizard | 2010/11/23

maybe you hurt your neck and shoulder blade muscles without realizing it

Reply to lizard