Question
Posted by: Mia | 2011/03/15

9 weeks

my last period was on the 07th Jan 2011, and i have not had a period since.I went to a GP yesterday and he did a urine pregnancy test but it came back negative. i have all the symptoms sore breasts, nausea and i am very tired. Can one be nine weeks pregnant and the ultrasound does not show anything?

That would be unlikely. There could be another cause such as a cyst or hormone imbalance.

2
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/16

The scan would definitely show something at 9 weeks.

If you have all these pregnancy symptoms and the test shows negative, then you need to see your gynae to investigate what the problem is.

If you were having an ectopic pregnancy you would have been bleeding and in pain by now. However, this should be investigated further than just saying you aren''t pregnant, your GP really should have referred you to your gynae once s/he''d ruled out pregnancy as the cause of the problem.

Reply to Purple