Question
Posted by: judy brightman.. | 2011/07/26

9 month old spayed maltese terrier cross

she wont come when called..just looks at me and carries on doing her own thing!

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Judy, I think this is the question that didnt appear due to a subject not being filled in and I have already answered it via the forum, although it will show a '0' comment. I will go into the forum and check and if not come back and answer again. Thanks Scotty

3
Posted by: scotty | 2011/07/26

Hi, yep same question and answer above, thanks Scotty

Reply to scotty
Posted by: Scotty | 2011/07/26

Hi Judy, sorry, for some reason this did not come through my section of the forum, so answering here.
It sounds to me that your dog is in control rather than you! Before starting the training to come when called, start by upping yourself in the combined human/canine pack by simply gettin your dog to start ''working for her living'' by using her daily allowance of food and asking her to sit, down and most importantly come when called. You can take this to lengths and she has to come and sit for attention etc.
When you have this sorted out and the dog is listening more do read the article on the Real Reliable Recall that I have on my friendsofthedog website and the one on recalling a dog using a ''long line''. It really is far too long to insert here and I will ask Health 24 if I can send them the article so that we can put in link to it. Thanks and good luck, Scotty

Reply to Scotty
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/07/26

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert