Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2010/08/02

9 Days

Hi Cybie
Things are still going great on my side. My 9th day booze free today. I am feeling positive and eager to carry on with this progress I made to better my self esteem - Went to visit a friend this weekend, she is also busy with her own changes and its nice to have close friends which can support and grow with you, sometime the wine still whispers to me, but I don''t listen the need to be healthy and good to myself is stronger then the lies of the alcohol.
I feel more in touch with my emotions , cried on friday something i have not done in many years. It will not be easy to face all these overwhelming emotions but I am determinate.
Do get strange and weird dreams. Wonder if its my subconscience trying to purge out the feelings?
Just letting you know my progress.

Hi Kas,
Well done. 9 down and a good lifetime to go ! Don't assume that any incoming emotions will be overwhelming. Some may be entirely whelming ! The dreams are most likely to be what one often sees as the brain reacts in relief to the absence of any powerful sedative. In time it becomes more rested and the dreams fade.

2
Posted by: tinky | 2010/08/02

In the initial stages of withdrawel or abstenance you will get strange dreams - it is normal. What is freaky is when you have drinking dreams - it can be very upsetting. You will go through various stages but aslong as you are kind to yourself i.e. eating correctly, bit of excersise, enough rest and don''t isolate (altough you have friends to support and that is good) Sometimes the body craves sweet stuff like chochote to compensate for the lack of calaries etc in wine. So watch out for this - allow yourself the indulgence at first but then stop - cause suger is a very addictive substance aswell.

Well done and good luck.

Reply to tinky

Hi Kas,