Question
Posted by: Chantal | 2008/08/20

8.5 months preggies-no sign of milk

Hi Doc,

I' m due in two weeks time and there is no sign of milk. Actually there hasn' t been any change as far as my breasts are concerned. I' m still wearing the same bra size i took pre-pregnancy(even though i weigh 15kg more now) and they are just normal, no sign of preparing for milk or anything.

With my 1st pregnancy(3yrs ago) they were big and i had that watery stuff coming before i even gave birth. I breastfeeded for about 8months.

Im a bit concerned now that i might not be able to breast feed my 2nd child:-( Please help.

In some women, the milk only comes in after delivery.

2
Posted by: Chantal | 2008/08/21

Thanks MB1, that really helps. I was getting worried! Will speak to my gynae though on my next visit about the pills.

Yes im very excited. My due date in the 28th August but im hoping my dear boy will wait so i can be induced on the 1st September(spring day). New season and new beginnings:-)

Take care!

Reply to Chantal
Posted by: MB1 | 2008/08/21

Hi chantal
Wow i wish i was you (giving birth in two weeks) I still have to carry on till December :) With my first i experienced the same as you do now. The milk " came in"  the second he was born and my breasts has swollen double the size! It was pretty painful though. Last year i had a stillborn boy and also didn' t have any sign of milk or breast changes but the second he was " born"  i had milk they obviously gave me something to take it away. I am now almost 22 weeks pregant and my breasts are tender and a slight bit bigger but not enough to change my bra size. They just look more firm and fuller. If there is a problem with your milk i am sure the doctor won' t mind giving you tablets to increase the milk. THey happily gave me tablets with my first born in order to breast feed longer. Unfortunately i can' t remember the name of the tablets (it was almost 5 years ago)
Hope this helps you a bit. And congrats on the new baby!!! You must be very excited and looking forward to the birth. Best of luck

Reply to MB1