Question
Posted by: zaheera | 2011/11/10

80 year old on cymgen

my mom of 80 is on cymgen for 6 months now and the phychiatrist has increased to 60 mg now for a week .my mom eats alot and does not sleep at night despite taking a stilnox and an ativan pls help is it the medication .what can i do to control her eating

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

Hi Zaheera
There is nothing you can do. This medication can stimulate appetite. It also seems that your mum is a comfort eater. Have you discussed this with the psychiatrist? If you have and they are unwilling to change the medication I recommend that you get a second opinion from an other psychiatrist. In addition I strongly recommend that your mum partakes in some form of exercise every day. This will stimulate endorphins and help her to relax, as well as burn calories.

1
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011/11/18

Hi Zaheera

Reply to Behaviour modification