Posted by: Concerned mommy | 2008-11-17

8 year old

Hi again, I posted not so long ago regarding my little girl who gets angry and upset at the " private parts words " eg Vagina Etc.

So this week while a was changing my babies nappy and my eight year old was near by. I said to the baby, come let mommy clean your bum and cookie, I found it strange that my eight year old did not get offended.
So basically there are only a few words that offend her, If I make up other names for the private parts, she seems okay with them. I even asked her and she said, she was okay with the other names of the private parts.

Please let me have your opinion. This has settled my mind a little.

Fascinating. YOu seem to have solved the operational problem --- I wonder why she has learned to associated the "proper" names with something nasty --- could there have been some sex education done at school, by a nasty teacher, or in a setting where she got laughed at ?