Question
Posted by: sandy | 2012-01-19

8 weeks pregnant but empty sac

I was diagnosed was POS last year. My blood test confirmed that im pregnant and according to my last period(19 Nov 11) im 8 weeks pregnant, im 26 years old and our first attempt at having a baby. I went for my first ultra sound on Tuesday(17th Jan 12) and the doctor could not see anything in the Sac, he did a virginal ultra sound. According to the size of the Sac it shows 6 weeks,3 days, but still empty. I started spotting the morning before my appointment, dark brownish blood, which he says is old blood. there is no actual cramps or stomach pains, just the brownish blood. My doc says my ovulation date could be late due to the POS and wants to see me back in 1 weeks time to see if there are any changes, if not then do a D n C. is it premature of me going through with the DnC next week should there still be an empty sac? Is it save for me to wait another week or 2 to make really sure before going through with the DnC? I have symptoms, sore enlarged breast, increase in appetite, slight nausea, tiredness, back and stomach cramps the first 2-3 weeks of finding out im pregnant. Please help me make the correct decision.

If the sac is still empty next week then it would appear that the pregnancy is unfortunately not viable.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-01-23

Posted by: Marius | 2012-01-19

Sorry blighted ovum

Reply to Marius
Posted by: Marius | 2012-01-19

It can be blythe ovum pregnancy my wife had one two years ago blood test postive nothing in sac. She went for a DC.

Reply to Marius