Posted by: Granix | 2008-11-13

8 Month Baby sleep patterns

Good evening,

Our baby boy is 8 months old and is battling to sleep through the night. My wife is pregnant again and he seems very clingy, we spend hours waliking with him to get him to sleep and then he keeps waking. He is only really satisfied when my wife picks him up, otherwise he screams and cries as if he is being murdered. Any ideas?

Quite a bit younger than my usual clients ! Try posting this also on the Parenting forum ( and I'm surprized some of the experienced parents on this forum haven't responded so far ). Some kids calm down and are soothed by walking and hugging them, some are not. This approach does not seem to be working in his case. Maybe having him sit up with you playing quietyl till he gets drowsy, and then gently putting him down ? If he discovers that screaming reliably prings mo or dad running, then he will push that button