Posted by: concerned | 2009-01-28

77 year old complains of flatulence

My 77 year old mother complains about flatulence which is very annoying to her. She weighs approx 45kgs. She suffers from hypertension (using Atenolol and Ridac) and was approx two decades ago diagnosed with Chrohn' s Disease, but it miraculously cleared up in that same year. She has not had bleeding since and has not been on any further medication since that time. She has regular bowel movement every morning.

What can she do about the flatulence? She is afraid to take just anything. Would charcoal tablets work for her? Please advise and I thank you in anticipation.

Hi concerned
Yes you can try charcoal tablets and probiotics 1 three times per day