Question
Posted by: Lauren | 2012/03/01

73 days late and still no preiod... Please Help

Hi Doctor,

I am currently 73 days late. My last proper period was on the 19/12/2012. I did have little spotting for about 5 days from the 09/01/2012 and ever since then I have not had my period. I did miss a few of my pills and then discarded the pack and dont know if it is because of this that I am in the situation that I am. I do have unprotected sex and have taken 3 home pregnancy test, all of which has come back negative and the last one being done on the 14/02/2012. I do have mild abdominal cramping and have (recently since the 03/02/2012) been charting my Basal Body Temperature. It was quiet low from the 03/02 (ranging from 36.15 to 36.50) until the 15/02 and ever since then, it has remained high (ranging from 36.55 to 37.0) Please help.

Lauren

Dear Lauren

The problem appears to be a lot more complicated than simply missing a few pills and the odd abdominal cramping. There appears to be an underlying hormonal imbalance which may be secondary to an ovulation problem and I would certainly advise you to have your hormones evaluated and a pelvic ultrasound done as soon as possible. Even though you may have a bleed in the interim I would still believe that the presence of an ovarian cysts or the presence of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) must be excluded. Should either of the conditions be present then the appropriate treatment needs to be instituted as a matter of urgency and furthermore an evaluation of your Prolactin and Thyroid functions should be a composite part of your evaluation as these conditions may also be involved.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/03/20

Dear Lauren

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Lauren | 2012/03/05

Hi Doctor,

Not to worry about my post, I did a home pregnancy test yesterday, the 04/03/2012, and it was positive.

Thank you,
Lauren

Reply to Lauren