Posted by: Mom A | 2009-08-07

7 yr old frequent urination

IMy dd turned 7 about a month ago. Since she was young she always tends to go more often to the toilet to urinate.

the thing that really worries me is that when she becomes excited/anxious she goes at least every 10 minutes to tiolet for about an hour or maybe even more. And for the past month it is happening at bed-time every other night. She gets tucked into bed and for the next hour she goes evey ten mins to the toilet. nothing significant has changed in her life, she still shares a room with her younger brother and they have the lamp on at night too- theres no sleeping anxiety.

About two months ago after one of these episodes her urine was tested as she also developed a stomach flu but it ruled out any bladder infection.

What could be wrong with her??

Mom A

I strongly suggest that you make an appointment with a paediatrician, in order for him/her to do a full examination, a sonar of her bladder and blood tests to rule out any pathological reason for her frequent urinating.