Question
Posted by: sAS | 2011/06/21

7 YEAR RELASIONSHIP

HI. I am in a 7year relationship and my bf has not spoken abiyt getting married yet. should i be worried or i am just to in a hurry?
we have been living together for 3 years now, he speaks about wanting children, but i feel we should first get married before having children.
please help

Expert ImageTeen expert

you don't mention your age, but if you are posting on this site I assume you are a teen. Whilst you have been in a relationship for 7 years, it may well be that your bf wants to wait until you are both a little older, and at the very least into your 20's before you make a serious commitment to each other.

You need to discuss with him your feelings about marriage first and children second, as unless you have told him he may not be aware of your feelings about this. Some people will also consider pre-marriage counselling as a way of being sure about the commitment, and what their shared and different opinions about important subjects are.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2011/06/22

Reply to Teen expert