Posted by: Aida | 2010-03-03

7 year old son

my son makes #2 in his pants and is worse when visiting dad since our divorce

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hello Aida,

It sounds like your son may be experiencing some anxiety.
How is your co-parenting relationship with his father? How is his relationship with both yourself and his dad. Does he seem anxious when he goes to his father?
There are quite a few things that would need to be established before a proper advice can be given.
You may contact me directly on:

Posted by: ulanda | 2010-04-13

Hi there, My husband and I have been seperated for more than a year now. The problem is the last year has been hell. Initially all I thought was happening that after 10yrs my husband is going through early stages of a mid life crisis. So I agreed to the seperation. He started an affair and I only found out months after he asked for seperation. When i found out that there was someone else, i was devastated. We''ve been on/off during this time. He''s with her than not and then back again. Thing is, I finally got sick of it. I''ve moved out of our house. I''ve now relocated to a flat, so I know he cannot come back again. Problem is, we are still sleeping together. I still love him, so when we are together, I think that something will change. That he will wake up and realise that he wants to be with his family. My son is showing obvious signs of stress. Cause we hug and kiss in front of him and then we go our seperate ways. I don''t know how to stop this, cause I WANT to be with him. I want nothing more than my family back.

Please help, my darling is stuck in the middle of this mess.

Reply to ulanda
Posted by: G-Dad | 2010-03-05

A lot if it has to do with emotional issues or in some cases when they are busy with something interesting then they will keep it in until they can not any more and then have the accident, I have seen this personally, my son rarely had accidents like that but it happen a few times until the age of 5, in most cases he was busy with something interesting, I believe once they were doing art work, another time played games, it stopped after a good few talks about it, my ex girlfriend youngest son I think had more such issues, I found under wear hidden under his bed a few times, he was 12 at the time. I think in his case it is emotional issues, maybe the same problem when they get started with something interesting to them like playing ps games ect specially when they have friends then they are too lazy to go to the loo.

Reply to G-Dad