Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/20

7 year old son

My son age 7 has been going to the same school for the past 4 yrs from family class to grade R now grade 1. I have picked up that the teachers have instilled the fear of the the headmaster very drastically into them. My concern is that my son was caught climbing on the toilet seat trying to catch a moth, at that very instant a teacher walk in and moaned at him, which set him off into actually forgetting his name the class he was in etc... then when I pick him up from school his grade teacher told me about the incident and said my son was shaking terribly, white in his face and suggested i see a physcologist, is there a reason why she has thought this Is this natural or do you feel i need to go.

Its always a clear sign of a lousy teacher, when they feel they (a) need to and (b) can get away with, using fear in an attempt to motivate kids. Maybe your boy readted more than one might expect to the teacher surprising him, but we don't know what actually went on between them --- it was not a normal situation. Maybe discuss it with the headmaster ? Does he know the tachers are doing this, and does he approve of this ?
As in the example FLower quotes, teachers can't expect kids to behave and control themselves when the teacher doesn't bother to do so himself or herself !

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

I had a teacher at school who used to pull my hair. Luckily she left but it was hard for me. Mention it to the principal, maybe speak to the other parents and approach the teacher together.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

I believe in the odd smack on the bottom from a parent, but a child must never be made to be scared of someone - especially not someone who in responsible for taking care of them.

This is disgusting. Your poor son. Even if he did something worse he should not react so badly to authority.

Shame man.

Posted by: Flower 1980 | 2009/05/20

Would also like to know what cyber doc' c take is on this one. I have a 6 year old who is also very (busy) A couple of days ago teacher wrote a note that he twisted a boy' s finger and the boy cried. Then she said she was absent, but the student teacher put him in time out,when she came back she was told what happen and SHE TOOK HIM TO THE VICE PRINCIPAL.Telling also in the note book it is vital the my son should go to a psycoholis. I think all children are a bit much when they are at school. Yester she threw My Son with a pen in his neck and it left a mark. Teachers are installing fear in our children and we think why they don' t want to go to school. Who gave them the right to abuse OUR CHILDREN, THEY NEED TO BE LOVED AND CARED FOR.. I think all mothers will think their children are their babies forever, I know I do.

Reply to Flower 1980
Posted by: Flower 1980 | 2009/05/20

Reply to Flower 1980