Posted by: Ruthie | 2010-04-26

7 wks pregnant

I''m 7 weeks pregnant. When do I schedule my first visit with the gynae? Is it at 8 or 10 weeks?

Doesn't really matter.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-29

Doesn't really matter.

Posted by: cassidy | 2010-04-26

you can go 8 weeks, there should be a heart beat by now. Going to early can be very dissapointing as there is nothing to see and then all the gynae can confirm is that the sac is intact, so now is a good time. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Reply to cassidy
Posted by: Purple | 2010-04-26

As soon as your home test is positive it is a good idea to make your first appointment with your gynae. They then check that baby has a heart beat and is indeed in the womb and you''re not having an ectopic pregnancy.

You can ask about ante-natal classes as they often have somenoe they like you to attend with, and you need to book well before you reach 12 weeks otherwise the good classes are full (the bad ones will always have space!)

Reply to Purple