Question
Posted by: liezle | 2010/06/28

7 month old chronic blocked nose

Dear Dr,
my son of 7 months has had a chronic blocked nose since he was 3 months old. i have tried everything under the sun!!. i took him to an ENT specialist last week who told me that my son''''s nose is completely closed up from using to many nasal decongesteds. he has now done the following: put him on Prelone 5ml for 7 days, given me 1x budaflem nasal spray each morning and texa syrup 1.5ml in the evenings. He told me i must under so circumstances use any type of nasal spray. Does this sound right to you? he''''s nose where very runny the entire weekend...when will the medicine kick in? the ENT told me if there is isnt a remarkable diffrence in his nose in two weeks, he will take X-rays....

Hallo Liezle
Yes, this is a common side effect of decongestant nasal sprays and the reason why one should not use it for longer than 5 days in a row. Hang in there, the prelone usually works very well but takes a few days before you see the effect.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/28

Hallo Liezle