Posted by: Etzel | 2012-08-29

7 Month- chronic sore throat

Dear Doc. I have been experiencing irritating sore throat for the last seven months, It does not hurt when I swallow(in-fact it gets better everytime eat something) whenever I breath in it get irritating especially at night...I did see an ENT but no help.

What do you advise iIdo?

It is possible that you have reflux gastritis. Try Gaviscon Plus, three times daily before meals and once at night before going to bed. If this alleviates your symptoms, you should consult your doctor for a gastroscopy and barium meal.

Posted by: Etzel | 2012-09-04

Thank you Dr Anrich, the Gaviscin plus did help to relieve the irritation, on on yesterday i went for Barium swallow and the results were negative and my ENT prescribed pulmison 20 mg and Nexiam 40mg and asked that i see him again next month after finish the course.

Thank again.. God bless

Reply to Etzel