Posted by: anon | 2010-08-30

7 - 8 weeks and no heartbeat

hi doc, i went for my second visit to the gynae on saturday - i am now between 7 - 8 weeks but the doc cdnt get a heartbeat
and told me to come back in 2 weeks time- could there be something wrong? i am very worried

It could be that you are earlier than you think, or there could be a problem. It depends whether the fetus was clearly seen and measured 7-8 weeks and also what your HCG levels are.

Posted by: just me | 2010-08-30

strange, especially with 2days technology by 5-6weeks you should see it. get another gynae! goodluck

Reply to just me
Posted by: Ms W | 2010-08-30

I would advise make an appointment asap, if there is no heart beat ask for an Internal Scan. The worry and wondering is gonna make you crazy

Reply to Ms W
Posted by: Meez | 2010-08-30

By 7-8 weeks you should be able to see a clear heartbeat but maybe his got an old ultra sound machine or maybe you should go see another gynae for a second opinion... i know how you feeling it''s nerve wrecking, you wanna know now what''s happening not in 2 weeks time! but please try not to stress too much and take it easy. Good luck.

Reply to Meez