Question
Posted by: lilmama | 2008/10/27

6mnth premie

My daughter was a prem 6 months exatly.I would like to know are all babies not immunised at birth and if so must the hospital not give you the immunisation card record she passed away from a infection in her tummy.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lilmama
Usually premmies are immunised just before discharge. They may be too small and ill at birth. If she was immunised you can ask for her card at the hospital.
Welma

4
Posted by: hadizah | 2009/01/08

its happen naturally with or without the immunization.
i had the same thing but she survive only 10hours with all the special treatment at the best hospital in my country.
lets just think ahead of the next baby soooooonest,ameen.

Reply to hadizah
Posted by: Liz | 2008/11/13

Lilmama,
please give me a call 080 773 3643

Reply to Liz
Posted by: Lilmama | 2008/11/04

They never discussed it with me at her birth I think she was not ....If she was I think that her chances for survival would have been higher then she wouldnt have passed away.A friend of mines baby was also born preemie but weghed less then my baba and she recieved immunisations.Why did they not immunise my baby??

Reply to Lilmama
Posted by: lilmama | 2008/10/29

Do Premature babies recieve immunisations??If so why didnt mine?

Reply to lilmama