Question
Posted by: fowzi | 2009/11/13

60 YEARS OLD

DEAR DR PLEASE HELP ME MY SKIN IS VERY DEHYDRATED DRY I AM 60 YEARS OLD AND DONT HAVE A SKIN REGIME
WHAT CAN I USE FOR MY SKIN
IS ALPHA -HYDROXY PRODUCTS GOOD WHAT DOES ALPHA HYDROXY DO FOR SKIN WOULD IT HELP MY SKIN THANK YOU

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Fowzi, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I have just returned from my London practice.

As we age our skin needs change due to a number of factors. The loss of collagen and elastin accelerates, sun damage begins to be noticeable and the hydration of the skin drops dramatically due to a reduction in a number of important hydrating molecules.

To correct these changes one should consider alphahydroxy acids (in particular glycolic acid) and polyhydroxy acids. As such my recommendation is to use a good SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and NeoStrata’s Bionic Face Cream and Ultra Smoothing Cream.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/11/16

Reply to anti-ageing expert