Posted by: Lin | 2012-02-01

6 year old son and newborn

Last year I asked for your opinion regarding whether I should let my son go to Grade 1 or keep him in Grade R. The neurologist had him on Strattera as he was supposedly ADHD. And he had a new sister on the way.

He started Grade 1 this year.
His sister was born last week and his pediatrician had us stop the Strattera as he was eating less and less and we couldn''t see a difference in him.

I had a talk with his teacher yesterday and she said that he was so much calmer and doing great. He''s also doing great at home with his new sister. He was home the day of her birth and we had him hold her as soon as hospital visiting hours allowed it.

I''m so glad I listened to you and had him go to Grade 1. Thanks for your excellent advice.

Dear Lin, Thank you so much for the feedback, wich is useful for everyone. I am delighted to hear that your child is hriving in Grade 1, and hope his good progress will continue.

Posted by: Maria | 2012-02-01

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter Lin! And I''m so glad the little guy is doing well. Sometimes they really rise to the occasion despite all our fears.

Reply to Maria