Question
Posted by: JP | 2010/04/20

6 WKS PREG - hearbeat check

hi, I am 6 weeks preg according to conception date and not date of last period which is 8 weeks. i went for check up today at my gynae, there is a heartbeat which is 110 beats at the moment, he said it may be slow because i am still early as a good heartbeat is 140, but i am going back in 2 weeks time to check again. can this be so, that the heartbeat can be a bit slower and very faint at this early stage?

Yes, I would agree with your doctor to check in 2 weeks.

4

Posted by: JP | 2010/04/20

oh and the embryo is about 7.2mm in size, i see on the website its supposed to be about 10mm. is mine still ok?

Reply to JP
Posted by: JP | 2010/04/20

Thanks Ali! all the best to you too!

Reply to JP
Posted by: alison | 2010/04/20

yes, its usually is fast at the beginning and then slows down as the months go by. But the heart has just formed so could be still picking up speed. Be glad there is a beating heart!! (less risk of miscarriage once there)

all the best
pregnant too
Ali

Reply to alison