Posted by: Dazza | 2008-12-02

6 weeks preg.

When should one have go to see the doctor for the first time, If u find out that you are pregnant. I am six weeks pregnt.
Any advise?

I hope that the other respondents have helped. As long as you go before 12 weeks, it should be fine.

Posted by: Dazza | 2008-12-03

It is my first pregnancy and I was thinking about the risk of ectopic pregnancy. I jst heard that you have to go as early as possible so that doctors can check whether u are having normal or ectopic preg. Hw long did ectopic preg last, before it burst.
I was just worried coz yesterday I was feeling pains like period pains.

Reply to Dazza
Posted by: Azzy | 2008-12-02

I also found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks and when i called my Gynae, they advised it was too soon but i did see him at 8 weeks for a check up and the Gynae will then give you the next date that he wants to see you.

Reply to Azzy
Posted by: Dale | 2008-12-02

Most gynaes usually see you after you have reached 6weeks - as before that there is really not much too see. But if there are been complications in previous pregnancies they sometimes see you earlier.

Some of the doc' s I know only see you the first time at 12 weeks.

Best is to phone the gynae' s that you are planning to go to and find out from his receptionist when he/she sees patients for the first time..

take care of your self!

Reply to Dale
Posted by: get | 2008-12-02

I went to see my Gynae when i was two weeks because i missed my periods, it' s good to see the Gynae any time as long as u want.

Reply to get