Posted by: Twinkles | 2009-07-31

6 Month old kitty bites &  scratches

Hi Doc,

My 6 mth old kitten seems to be very aggressive. She loves to bite &  scratch. She is exceptionally active &  a lot of fun. However, I am very concerned about the biting. She' s constantly trying to catch our hands &  bites. She has even bitten my daughter on her face.

We' ve had a cat before and he was never like this. We' ve recently had her fixed. Actually the biting has gotten worse since then. Our hands are just covered with scratches and some of them are deep.

Is there something that we can do about this? She was a very loving and gentle kitty and is turning into psycho kitty. I think she feels it is a game. In the mornings she gets up onto my daughters bed &  tries to wake her up &  then starts a fight with her. She jumps on her, bites her, etc.

Help! Please advise.

Dear Twinkles

It is natural behaviour but you should get lots of cat toys that you can use to play with her, not your hands.