Question
Posted by: Heinrich | 2011/08/27

6 best carbs, protiens

Could you maybe tell me what is the 6 best carbs and protien for a toning diet

Dear Heinrich
This is an interesting question! I have never considered what the 6 best carbs and proteins are for a toning diet. The classification of "carbohydrates" includes all of the following foods: 1) Cereals and grains; 2)Fruits, both fresh and dried; 3) Vegetables; 4) Sugar and sweets. So from a nutritional perspective, I would say that the 'best carbs' for any diet are fruit (esp citrus and deciduous fruit, including oranges, grapefruit, apples, pears and plums, as well as berries), vegetables (corn on the cob and sweet potatoes) and unprocessed or unsifted, low-GI cereals and grains (e.g. high-fibre bran breakfast cereals, low-GI bread, whole grains such as crushed wheat or sorghum). Proteins are easier to select, namely low-fat or fat-free milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese; very lean meat; fish; boiled or poached eggs; and legumes (dry cooked or canned beans, peas, lentils or soya).
I hope this helps

1

Dear Heinrich
I hope this helps