Posted by: Shana | 2009-01-21

5th miscarriage and are so sad

I suffered my 5th miscarriage last week wednesday at 18weeks. My husband and I are devasted because it just seemed that everyhting is going well. The problem with the 4 previous miscarriage was corrected last year so with the pregnancy the doc did not forsee any problems but had a incompetant cervix and I did not know. We don' t know how to move pass the sadness. We still cry everyday and he has trouble concentrating at work. We still have the sonar photo' s but we can' t tore it up an throw it away. What should we do. We feeling frustrated and sad. Because we did not do anything " wrong"  during the pregnancy. Even abstain from sex.. (Which was a huge sacrifice for us)

Obviously there's a large psycholiogical dimension here, in your grief, which deserves and would be helped by counselling. And dealing with the grief would probably help with the next pregnancy. Yes indeed, you did nothing "wrong" but some bad things happen to very good people who do nothing "wrong". But if there is a degree of cervical incompetency, there are more ways of helping that. It will happen, if it is meant to happen--- and you would obviously be a great mother. DO think about alternatives, including adoption, so your love will get the chance to be used.

Posted by: stormy | 2009-01-22

shana be strong god will see you thru. i know wats its like i lost a baby 2 i cant image wat you going thru being your 5th mis. just some advice ok im not ready for another baby at the moment but my sister in law had 8 miscarriages and she kept going back to the same doctor until she fell pregant again for the 9th time she went to a diffrent doc this time and the doc insisted that she get a stitch put in as an extra precaution and today she has a lovely baby boy.

please shana change doctors and insist on a stitch next time around.

may god grant you your hearts desires.

Reply to stormy
Posted by: Reality Check | 2009-01-21

i thought i was going to be a bitch and ask you to stop doing this to yourself, but then again God will see you through - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please remember not to loose hope.

Reality Check

Reply to Reality Check
Posted by: Sympathy | 2009-01-21

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Arms ful of hugs and I hope and pray that things will work out for the best and you will someday hold a little bundle in your arms.

Reply to Sympathy