Question
Posted by: ME | 2012-12-12

5HTP vs anti depressants

hi there

I have recently changed from 15mg daily mirteron to 37.5mg venlor. A friend of mine who is a nutritionalist says that it would be better to slowly decrease the venlor and switch to 5HTP.

On the Venlor I get slight chest pains, bad nausea and constant yawning. What are the side effects of 5HTP and would this help control my depression and anxiety/panic attacks?

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

Caution needs to be used with 5HTP and anti depressants. If you decide to phase the one in and the other out - it is best to do under the guidance of a practitioner. Other side effect can be headaches. 5HTP is more indicated for depression than anxiety. Consider using magnesium as well for anxiety.

Kind regards
Dr DEbbie
www.drdebbie.co.za