Question
Posted by: Zan | 2010/02/02

58 day cycle

Good day Dr,

My cycle is 58 days long. When would be the best time in my cycle for me to fall pregnant?

My husband has developed diabetes and is on insulin (well managed) could this affect the chances of us falling pregnant?

Dear Zan

With a cycle of 58 days this is clearly grossly abnormal and therefore ovulation is not only unlikely but high unpredictable. My advice is that you start a full investigation to rule out possible polycystic ovarian syndrome as well as the likelihood of premature ovarian failure and other hormonal imbalances, which are known to interfere with ovulation. Once the cause is identified appropriate treatment can be instituted.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/02/03

Dear Zan

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert