Question
Posted by: Blackbird | 2010/02/23

5 years later

Hi CS and others that remember me. Just thinking the other day, it has been about 5 or 6 years ago that i posted here the 1st time with my bipolar problems. A lot have changed in my live since. Some for the worst, but mostly for the better.

I still suffer from depression now and again, but the episodes have been few and far between and i seem to be able to handle it a whole lot better nowadays, experiance comes with age as they say.

There is live after bipolar depression, but i believe that you must what to take survive it, yes and when you are very down that is probably the hardest thing to think about.

I also believe that changing you environment helps a lot, since you dont " run"  into things that remind you of the dark times.

And i also figured out that you dont train a cat, but the inverse is true....

Blackbird ! How nice to hear a good voice from the past ( even if I only see it a day later as our trashy city council ca't keep the electricity on, and takes ages to fix their own faults.
Delighted to hear you're dealing better with the depressions and over-all. From what I recall of some of your adventures and misadventures, things do indeed sound better.
And you're right about the cat, now, on my third cat, I'm into getting trained at a more advanced level

6
Posted by: Paul | 2010/02/25

Hi BB!

Been a hellova long time, all you have said is correct all I can add is that one must try to maintain a good attitude.

Keep well mate.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Zirconia | 2010/02/25

Hmmm, looks like a lovers'' reunion. Good example of cyberdating being a bad idea.

Reply to Zirconia
Posted by: Blackbird | 2010/02/24

7 YEARS ..bliksem. that is a long time. time flies when you having fun .. or depression.

Yea i cope with the depression, however i have developed a few other " curses" . When i worry lately i develop a hell of an itch on my right arm, will wake at night finding myself scratching till the blood flows. I have to hget up and basically put the arm under the hot water tap till it burn for the itch to go away. The brain is a funny organ. But suppose that is a price you pay for having a broken brain.

Liza, them islanders here is SO laid back drivers, sometime i suspect they have fallen asleep behind the wheel, or they just refuse to drive at the speed limits, more like 90 in a 100 zone or 40 in a 50 zone. Nobody is in a bloody hurry here, and coming from RSA/Jo-burg, it takes quite a bit to get used to ..

ye all have now ok !!! and remember happiness is only a manic episode away ..

Reply to Blackbird

Posted by: CP MOM | 2010/02/23

Hi B

Nice om van jou te hoor lyk my ek en jy skype op ander tye...ek dink dis nader aan 7 jaar. Ek is al amper 7 jaar in jhb en jy was toe al reeds ''n regular hier....

Maar ek hoor wat jy se hoor, mens kom nog so nou en dan hierso maar mens het maar geleer cope. CS het net noudie dag vir my gese EVERY GOOD SHRINK KNOWS THAT HE''LL " LOSE"  A PATIENT EVENTUALLY ....dis nou omdat ons beter word en nie omdat ons selfmoord gepleeg het nie!

Ek is bly om te hoor dit gaan goed met jou daar anderkant

Liefde D

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Liza | 2010/02/23

Hi BB!

Experience has taught me coping mechanisms, but I wish my episodes would be few and far between. As it is I''m rapid-cycling - yuck. At least I''ve held down my current job for over a year without getting retrenched due to illness. Ex-hubby is now remarried and my boys live with them in PTA. I''ve moved to CT (only place I could get a job offer after the retrenchment 3 years ago) and I miss them terribly, but I''m far too scared to move jobs. My current boss knows I''m bipolar and he has bent over backwards to accommodate me when I''m not myself. I doubt whether I would get such an understanding boss anywhere else.

Anybody cut you off on the highway lately? Here in CT it''s scooter city - the motorbikes and scooters cut off the cars...  )

Great to hear from you again!
Liza

Reply to Liza