Posted by: Lin | 2011-04-27

5 year old sleep problem.

Our 5 year old recently started being very scared at night. He''s terrified and even start shaking when he needs to go to bed. If he wakes up at night (2 or 3 times) he screams and then comes crying into our room. He has a nightlight. For a while it helped to have our little dog sleep in the room with him, but now not even that is enough.
I monitor all his tv programs so I know he hasn''t seen anything scary on tv.
He can''t tell me what makes him so scared.
Please help!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Children this age very often go through a stage like this. Probably your best bet is to see a child psychologist who should be able to help. Bear in mind that there is nothing you have been doing wrong, but you need help from someone who knows what affects children.