Posted by: Concerned - HOM | 2009-02-26

5 weeks scan???????

Hi I have been for a scan and the doc could apparently only see the sac and not the baby. Is it too early to see anything at this stage or not? I also have a dark brown discharge everyday and sometimes some blood. Am I to be concerned? They also say I might be a bit stressed and I should not worry at this stage. Please advise as soon as possible.

It is too early to see the heartbeat at 5 weeks. The discharge is a bit worrying. You could ask your doctor to measure HCG levels to see whether they are going up.

Posted by: ME | 2009-02-27

It sounds like a blighted ovum. Brown Spotting and and empty pregnancy sac are clear signs. Hang in there, it might also be nothing. When are you going for another scan??

Reply to ME