Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2008/10/09

5 Weeks pregnant, everything still okay?

Got a positive pregnancy bloodtest count 47. Three days later had another bloodtest count 210. Confirmed that i am 5 weeks pregnant. I dont have any symptoms yet. I have a very light pinkish discharge every second day or so. Is this normal. My first scan is only in 2 weeks time. How will know until then that everything is still okay? What are the warning signs that something is wrong.
Please advise.

The only thing you could do at this stage is to repeat the HCG levels to check that they are still rising.

1
Posted by: MB1 | 2008/10/09

Congrats on the positive pregnancy test!!!! i am no expert however. Sometimes the pregnancy symptoms only kick in after 8 weeks. Sometimes it is earlier. About the pnkish discharge i can' t comment. I do believe there is woman out there that actually have a discharge all the way through their pregnancy. The warning signs of loosing your baby will be heavy cramping and bleeding. But sometimes that doesn' t happen either. I would suggest if you are worried try to get to a doctor a.s.a.p A scan won' t show much at this stage but at least if everything is ok he can re assure you as stress is not good for you or the baby. Best of luck

Reply to MB1