Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-16

5 weeks pregnant and bleeding

Hi Gynae,
I am 27 and have a daughter aged 6. My first pregancy ran smoothly. I am now approx 5 weeks pregnant. I have been having a brown discharge for the past 3 days,, yesterday and today it has been slightly red with a few clots, I only see the clots when I urinate. I saw the gynae and he did a scan and nothing shows as yet as it is too soon. What do you suggest is wrong?

It could be a miscarriage. I presume that your gynae examined you. the other thing would be for him/her to monitor HCG levels to see whether they are going up or down. This would give an indication as to what is happening with the pregnancy.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-17

I would suggest you go see a doctor ASAP it might be a threathening misscarage,