Question
Posted by: Azaaaaaa | 2012-10-23

5 weeks pregnant

Good day doctor .

I am 5 weeks pregnant and i was wondering if you can tell what things to avoid and not to in oder for me to get a healthy baby.

Thank u

Avoid smoking and alcohol. Other than that ear a healthy diet and attend antenatal visits regularly. You should also take folate.

4
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-10-31

Posted by: Ronel | 2012-10-23

Avoid anything prone to carry backteria like soft cheeses, raw fish and meat, raw egg.

Reply to Ronel
Posted by: Azaaaaaa | 2012-10-23

congratulations!

Reply to Azaaaaaa
Posted by: Nini | 2012-10-23

Congrats!

The Doc here takes long to answer so I''m gonna give you some pointers.

No alcahol or drugs. Avoid as much medication as possible. Only safe over the counter medication I would suggest is Panado. I you are sick rather your doctor or gynea prescribe medication. Dont self medicate!

If you are on any other medication, inform your health care giver so that they can see if it''s safe or not.

Avoid strenuous exercise. If you were exercising before you got pregnant then it is safe to continue, but just keep it simple.

Start taking Folic Acid and multivitamins as soon as you can. These will ensure that you get all the nutrients you need right from the start.

Rest as much as you can. You''ll be very tired in the first trimester, and morning sickness might strike in the next 2 weeks or so. Try eat a healthy balanced diet as much as possible!

Cramps from time to time are normal, but should the cramps not subside or they get worse, then contact your doctor. Sometimes a light discharge is also normal, but any sign of bleeding should be checked out immediately!!!!

Other than that, just try and relax, and enjoy this journey. Let nature take its course, and your body is designed to be pregnant, so trust your body and your mind to do its thing :-)

Good luck!!!

Reply to Nini