Question
Posted by: Panda | 2011-11-01

5 pills tested, and i keep getting thrush! :(

OK So i have tried Minerva, Yas, the patch as well as Mirelle, and each time I get sever thursh after a month or so. I have a steady boyfriend now, and I am really concerned about not being on contraception. I really dont want to have to us to use condoms only anymore and am desperate for a solution. I have spent so much money on doctors fees and medicine in the last year, I cant afford to see a gynae at the moment (medical aid doesnt cover).

Please help me with some solutions?
Would the progesterone only injection potentially give me thrush too?
What about the coil?
Any non-hormonal forms of contraception I can use (apart from female condom).

I presume that you do not get thrush when off the Pill. The injection would have a lesser chance of causing this problem and so would the IUCD.
Non-hormonal contraceptives are the loop, diaphragm and condoms.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-11-03