Posted by: Tania | 2009-01-15

I have been using 5HTP for a while now after stopping with Aropax. I just read in Mens Health that it is advised to take 5HTP at night for insomnia. I also know that seratonin is being produced mainly at night. Should I take it at night also? According to Patrick Holford it should be taken on an empty stomach (thus in the morning?) or with a fruit.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Another option would be to take it 20 minutes before a meal or 45 minutes before retiring.

Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-01-15

You should drink on empty stomach and wait at least 40min after drinking it before eating. Protein effects it. You are suppose to take at night, didnt work that great for me.

Reply to Kasandra