Posted by: Corne Fourie | 2010-09-16

4yr old with 15mth old brain

My sister''s child has been diagnosed by a teacher/ dr at one of the schools advising that he has a brain of a 15mth old, he is 4 years old.

He does not talk and was seeing a speech therapist for 2 years until he started with this school. Now they say that because he can not talk he is also unable to do certain things e.g. tread beads. He does however know how to do other things, e.g. identify animlas, colours etc.

Who can I ask for a second opinion please?

I do not think that the evaluation was true and also maybe because he is the only one that can not talk is being treated like someone who is stupid due to this.

Kindly advise

Many thanks

Corne Fourie

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

I strongly suggest that you consult a neurosurgeon, in order to see if there is an organic cause for his problem.