Posted by: Warried mom | 2011-03-31

4yr old still waking up 2 a night

i dont know what to do anymore. Ive put my child on rescue and it workded for 2 weeks and now this whole week he wakes up alot. 12 o clock he wil come to my room and then i take him back to his room.Ly there for 5-10min and leave him and when i wake up in the morning he will be next to me in bed. He will get into my bed early morning without me noticing.He is almost 4. I still have to read him a story at night and lay with him (30-Hour) before he goes to sleep at night bed time is at 8 otherwise he wakes me up at 5 and he cant sleep so i make him go to bed an hour later and it helped then when i started using rescue he slept through the night till 6- 6:30.Now he dont anymore is there anything i can give him for to weeks so his body can get use to sleep at night and not wake up.He is difficult in the morning when he wakes up through the night but when he slept through he was easy to wake up please help me to get something for him.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Medication is really not the answer for anyone, least of all a child. He is just going to develope a dependancy on the drug.

Please go to your pediatrician - he needs to first check that there is nothing physically wrong. After that, he will be able to advise you about various techniques to use to get your child used to the idea of not coming to your bed.