Question
Posted by: Shana | 2008/06/06

4th Miscarriage

Doc. I had suffered 4 miscarriages:
1) Dec 2005 (8 weeks Blighted ovum)
2) July 2006 (14 weeks due to a raptured membranes cause by bladder infection)
3) February 2008 (6 weeks no heartbeat)
4) June 2008 (9 weeks Blighted ovum)
After miscarriage 3 the doctor did a couple of tests which all of them came back "normal" We also did a Chromosome test for both me and my husband also. No problem. The doctor said this is only bad luck. However I suffer from severe sinus and sneez everymorning excessively. Can this be a problem. And should I try again? How long should I wait before I try again?

Sinuses would not cause miscarriages. You don't say which tests were done, but I would suggest the following : GTT, anticardiolipin antibody. It is usually suggested that you wait at least 3 months before falling pregnant again. It might also be a good idea to see a fertility specialist.

4
Posted by: Nix | 2008/06/06

I'm going to the Cape Fertility Clinic. I'm seeing Dr Klaus Wiswedel +27 21 674 2088. Apparently he's the best. He's in Claremont. He was also the Head of Fertility for 10 years at Groote Schuur. First consult is R800 which also includes a scan. Good Luck. I think it's worth investigating.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Amy | 2008/06/06

Hey shana.Try dr j van waart.He's my gynae,but also fertility specialist and vincent palotti and medi clinic

Reply to Amy
Posted by: shana | 2008/06/06

Hi Nix. I'm in Cape town

Reply to shana
Posted by: Nix | 2008/06/06

i've had 2 miscarriages and i've also had all the little tests the that gynaes do. all came up clear. i've now made an appointment with a fertility specilist to see what's going on. Please do the same. Not disrespecting the gynae's but the fertility specialists only deal with infertility an all day long. reacurring miscarriages is an infertility. Where are you based?

Reply to Nix