Question
Posted by: SKANK | 2011/10/07

4MONTHS SUFFERING WITH A UTI/BLADDER INFECTION &  DISCHARGE

Hi Doctor,
I am a 32 year old female. I am married with no children.
I have been SUFFERING with a bladder infection for the last 4months. I got it while in hospital for a back injury. I was treated 3 separate times in hospital for the UTI/bladder infection.
I have been on antibiotics, as soon as it ends by bladder infection starts again.
I have been to a Urologist and i''ve had a CYSTOSCOPY done. Results came back clear.
My symptoms are a warm burning vagina all times. The vagina is itchy and has a curdy discharge. No smell. I have mild cramps. I have decided to get off the pill, Yasmin.
Please, please help me. I am in utter distress.

Were the UTIs proven?: It could be that your symptoms are due to thrush. Canbesten would treat this.

2
Posted by: Leah | 2011/10/11

My goodness, this is exactly what I had. No smell, but it just would not go away and it burned and burned and burned. The discharge was curdy yes, with a tiny green tinge in my case. It was not much discharge but it really got to me. I hope Gynae Doc answers u soon as I also need to know why some UTIs/bouts of cystitis don''t budge. Mine eventually went away on its own but this is after TEN months of constant suffering. It was terrible and I still don''t know what caused it. It was worst after intercourse, cos then I would burn for days (I think it is called honeymoon cystitis). I hope you get an answer to your q soon because rest assured you are not the only woman with this problem. It is very distressing and distracting. You just don''t feel right down there.

Reply to Leah