Question
Posted by: GSpark | 2010/05/20

43 Depressed

Why is it that at 43 I have convinced myself I need a man?? I am a single mom, from conceving, of an 11 year old. Everything materialistic I have, including my house, car erverything, I got by myself. I have a successful career, financially okay. I have the most amazing child. Why is my head so screwed up???
I go on the internet dating sites, determined to get a man, then I get very down if I get no responces or the type of guys that reply. I deleted all my profiles. Tomorrow I will feel I need a man again and start all over.
I am good looking, lost a lot of weight, I can honestly say my body is now good, I feel good in my skin for the first time in my life. It is just this one thing that is eating me up from inside.
I don''t want a man, I do all my own DIY, yet I have this rge to have one.
I am a white woman, I would even go for a black man, a young one, an old one, an physically disabled one, I am so desperate. (Please I do not mean any harm to anybody saying this, it is just the way I feel).
Am I going through a midlife crises? I had a tattoo done on my arm and a facial piercing!
I haven''t had a steady relationship for many years.
I do not trust a man! When I do meet them, it is great, and I would never hear from them again, or if I do they only want sex that I don''t give. But damn I sure good do with some (batteries are expensive).
I just want to know what is going on in my head! I am an *independent, beautiful successful mother and woman, so why then all this sh*t in my head??????? *Oh this is what my child told me.
Well I hope some of you can give me some good advice how to get my head right and kick butt to get out of this crap.
I am even on antidepressants that I seldom do take at night when I go to sleep in my warm comfy bed alone!

It'll be interesting to see what other readers have to say here. You've learly done excellently by yourself - but maybe the general social conditioning nthat suggests a woman is somehow incomplete without a man in her life, is hard to shrug off ? Antideprerssants can't solve this sort of problem - but counselling of the CBT format can

3
Posted by: andy | 2010/05/20

hey there depressed.... i am way youger than you bt i can understand wat u mean ( not that i have men probs) but truth is we all need somebody in our lives to love n care for us... some1 to feel next to us now and again.... so i can hornestly say am sure there''s nothing wrong in wanting a man in yourlife....just don''t be so desperate coz u''ll end up settling for less n from wat i hear u worth way more than that...... so good luck gal

Reply to andy
Posted by: andy | 2010/05/20

Reply to andy