Posted by: CC | 2010-08-19

43 and think I might be pregnant

Dear Doc
I am 43 years old. I have no children and we use no contraceptives. I had 3 miscarriages during the last 5 years, all 3 of which I think my underactive thyroid had to be blamed. In the meantime I have been treated by an Endocronlogist and my thyroid is under control. I feel healthwise so much better. I had my last period on 26 June 2010. My breasts are sore, like period sore since the date that my period was due. For the last 5 days I am extremely queezy in the late afternoon till I go to bed. I bought a pregnancy test, but honestly I am too scared to see the result! I have been through 3 miscarriages in it was not nice, what if this is just another repeat? I am also at a age where you only read of all the problems you can pick up with having a first child. Have you ever heard or treated such a " aged"  first time mother? (that is IF I am pregnant!) I keep on thinking of all that CAN go wrong at my age, I am so scared to have an abnormal child, I am so scared to have a child for that matter! My hubby''s daughter of a previous marriage is already 26 years old! She is the one who must have kids, not us!!! We are soooo ready in life generally to have a child, financially, emotionally etc, but good heavens I will be 50 years old (I am still very young at heart!) and take my child for the 1st day at school!! I am so scared to do that test, so scared to pick up the phone and make an appointment with my gynae and then I think of those many women out there who would give what to be pregnant!
I feel other than the queezy and sore breasts 100% (just in my mind so scared). Thanks for just reading my mail, as I am too scared to share this with anyone else, because all the times I shared this in the past with other people, I had to go back and tell them I lost my babies.

I'm afarid the only way to know if you are pregnant is to do the test. It does sound like a possibility though.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-22

Posted by: Latoya | 2010-08-20

Wow, what a relief from all the positive response. they made me feel relieved, i turned 39 in June, and i want another chld, my first born is 21, i had him when i was 17 to turn 18, i will do anything to have a child even if the father is not there, i will give the child all the support. CC, i wish you everything of the best, and i hope you are indeed pregnant.
Keep us posted

Reply to Latoya
Posted by: kt | 2010-08-20

I had my last baby when I was 41 and it all went well. Just have all the tests the doc requires. All will be well.

Reply to kt
Posted by: Mavis | 2010-08-19

Hi CC,

I can relate to your anxiety and as I read your story I felt tears coming from my eyes because I also miscarried twice and it is terrible. Even if the was a person I would regard as my enermy I wouldn''t wish for them to miscarry. So Ma''am sooner you know that better for you for you and the tiny precious little bun in the oven. Most importantly just let GOD be GOD and Tshego couldn''t had said better when she said God has a plan for of us. Mncwaaaa and good luck. Please be nice and keep us posted

Reply to Mavis
Posted by: Lilly | 2010-08-19

i''m 41 and pregnant with my first child. I think you should let it go that you are 43, the wonderful thing is you could be pregnant. Many women have babies later in life now.. rather that than miss out. Rest and eat well, and i hope things go beautifully for you!
i will see my new baby next week.. all very incredible!
love Lilly

Reply to Lilly
Posted by: Lizelle | 2010-08-19

i agree with Zaza, I am also crossing my fingers, so let us know.
If you are, rest and stay positive. You are healthy now - as in thyroid under control, no reason for you to not have a healthy baby.
Don''t get into a tizz by waiting, do a test and get it over and done with as you need to be without stress. If you are, embrace it and enjoy every minute. I am a single mom by choice and my daughter is 3 years old (i turned 39 this year) and found out i''m perimenopausal so dont think my chances of having another one, if i wanted another baby is very good. I am just so thankful i had her when i was 36 and i didnt wait till i met Mr Right. She is the best thing i''ve ever accomplished in my life. All the best. Keep us posted.

Reply to Lizelle
Posted by: Zaza | 2010-08-19

I am really crossing my fingers for you that you are pregnant and that you have a healthy little one. I can only imagine what you are going throuh. Lets pray that this time it''s meant to be. By the way my mothe had me when she was in her 40ties and I am a grown woman today with her own family.

Reply to Zaza
Posted by: Tshego | 2010-08-19

hi CC
There is ad on TV that always breaks my heart of a boy who puts lipstick on his mouth to make it look like his mother has kissed him, that child would give everything to have a 50year old mother take him to school. If you are indeed preggies give praise to God and enjoy your child and stop worrying because God has a plan for all of us. Good luck.

Reply to Tshego