Question
Posted by: Sue | 2012-09-18

42 with breakouts

Hi Doc,

Well at my age I have been getting sore white pimples in my face and neck which I never had before. Could this be hormonal or sweet stuff related. I eat alot of chocolates and sweets. I use oralcon birth control.
I have a oily skin and I wash my face twice but these pimples just keep appearing.

Please help.

Sue

I suggest that you consult a dermatologist, as you might be suffering from rosacea. Rosacea looks like pimples and there is usually a reddish skin reaction, accompanying the pimples. A proper diagnosis has to be made, in order to receive the correct treatment. Please do not treat it with cortico-steroids before you consulted the dermatologist.