Posted by: Dan | 2008-11-26

41 weeks and no baby

Hi Doc I am 41weeks pregnant been to gynae on a regularly basis.Yesterday he examined me and said that my baby is laying in right position but my cervix doesnt feel favourable and that the baby laying a bit high.He gave me the option of waiting another week or having a c-section in this case what would be a better option in my case?I am scared that 42wks the risk on me and baby would be higher.This is my first child plz advice?

I would suggest that you have the baby now but, unless it is very big, an induction should be possible.

Posted by: Racoon | 2008-11-27

Hey there, I was in exactly the same situation as you are in now, with my first baby - no effacement or dilation of the cervix and baby lying a bit high. Little guy just wasn' t interested in coming out. I desperately wanted as natural birth, but eventually at 41 weeks my gynae convinced me to have a c-section. It was just as well as the little guy came out weighing a whopping 4.4 kg! but 10/10 agpar!! There is a risk of meconium inhalation if you go post-term and that can cause some problems. So my suggestion would be to have a c-section asap. Best of luck and enjoy your brand new LO!!

Reply to Racoon