Question
Posted by: CS01 | 2009-08-31

40KG overweight - I need help

Doc

As the heading states - I' m very overweight and I need help. I' m 1.65m and I weigh 107kg. Where does one start after being so overweight?
I cannot afford to join a slimming class like Weighless or Weight watchers. We eat Mince Mate, Lasange Mate or rice and mince etc, 6 out of the 7 days of the week. I have a very, very tight food budget and cannot afford anything costly. Please, I need help

Dear CSO1
With a BMI of 39,3 you do urgently need to lose weight. If you have financial problems then I would recommend that you try to attend one of the obesity clinics at the teaching hospitals which are found in most of the main cities (Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Bloemfontein, etc). Phone the government hospital and ask how you can attend the obesity clinics. This will give you access to the correct medical and dietetic treatment, including the possible option of a gastric bypass as your weight is endangering your health.
Please try to get enrolled at one of these clinics.
Holding thumbs for you