Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-18

4 year old son

Hi there, my 4 yr old son insists on removing ALL his clothing when doing a # 2! He also bites his nails terribly. Should I be consulting a child psycologist?

Toddlers ofen have their own sense of logic that isn't immediately understandable by the rest of us. Nail biting is fairly common, and will probably die out in time. If it doesn't, there are ways to discourage it, including painting some nasty tasting stuff on his nails, but give him time. Have you asked him why he feels he needs to take his clothes off when performing on the toilet ?

Posted by: Mommy | 2009-08-18

I do not think you need to consult anyone, here. Sounds like something a toddler would do. I have 2 kids, 6 and 2 yrs old and I remember a time when my 6 yr old also used to take off all her clothing when going to the toilet.
About the nailbiting - just make sure he doesn' t have any vitamin deficiencies, otherwise do not make too much of a fuss about it.

Reply to Mommy